5 Step in LEI Certification
There are five basic stages in the certification process, designed to separate data collection from decision making, while involving stakeholders.
- Step 1: Contact certification bodies – and choose the certifier you will work with
- Step 2: Field pre-assessment.
- Step 3: Field assessment and public input.
- Step 4: Performance Evaluation and certification decision making
- Step 5: Certification decision
involving document evaluation, field scoping, and expert panel recommendations over whether to continue the audit.
The certification body carries out a field audit and facilitates the community input process for the expert panel.
The management unit is evaluated by the expert panel based on all collected documentation.
The expert panel finalizes the certification decision which is then announced publicly by the certification body. A surveillance schedule is put in place.
Any objection to the certification process or decision will be facilitated by LEI accredited certifiers and the Certification Review Council