CoC Certification System
Chain-of-Custody is a critical component within the certification system due to its role as a bridge between the forest-based business/management unit as a producer and the community as consumers.
In addition of meeting-up with the consumer needs, the Chain-of-Custody shall be used by forest industry players to increase transportation and industry efficiency, as well as by the government to identify regional/national “legal” status of timber/forest product and to further determine policy treatment for timber/forest product with different status and to define actions towards forest resources security.
The content of LEI Standard for CoC Certification:
- LEI Chain Of Custody Certification Field Assessors Guideline
- Guideline On The Surveillance Execution And Certificate Extension In Certification Program
- General Requirements For Chain Of Custody Certification Body
- General Requirements For Chain-of-custody (CoC) Field Assessor
- General Requirements For Expert Panel In Chain-of-custody Certification
- Guideline For Report-writing Field Assessment On Chain Of Custody Certification
- Guideline For The Screening Process In The Chain Of Custody Certification
- Guideline For Certification Decision Process Of Expert Panel
- Guideline For The Drawing-up Recommendations On Chain Of Custody/timber Tracking Certification
- Chain-of-Custody Certification System
Download full document for CoC Certification here (472 KB)