LEI 2009–2013 Programs
I. Market Recognition.
1. Promoting ecolabel certified Natural Resources management (excluding mining and palm oil) to obtain access to national and international markets.
2. Developing communication strategy capable of reaching all community members and to set a basis of LEI recognition both at national and international levels.
II. Policy Advocacy to Support the achievement of Sustainable Natural Resources Management Pre-condition (excluding mining and oil palm).
1. Fights for indigenous/local community’s rights recognition over land and Forest natural resources.
2. Supports the local and national natural resources management policy development.
3. Support incentives provision for management units which have already performed or in the process of performing sustainable natural resources management (excluding mining and palm oil resources).
III. Developing a Credible, Transparent, and Impartial Certification System.
1. Developing and strengthening certification system capable of providing insurance on the rights of Natural Resources (excluding mining and oil palm resources ), including, but not limited to developing certification system for non timber forest products, environment services, bio fuel, marine management and plantation.
2. Compliance of ISO 17011 on management quality.
3. Establishing the Division of System Review and Development, of which work area covers all available LEI certification schemes.
IV. Capacity Building for Members and Public.
1. Knowledge dissemination on certification issues to the public.
2. Capacity building for members on certification process issues.
3. Capcaity building for FKD on decision making in certification process.
4. Train the management units in implementing sustainable natural resources management certification (excluding mining and oil palm resources).
V. LEI Capacity Building.
1. Developing interchamber relation mechanism.
2. Strengthening chamber relation mechanism with MPA.
3. Strengthening communication system between FKD and LEI.
4. Reviewing and Strengthening LEI organizational governance.