To Become LEI Certification Body
There are a number of criteria and requirements to meet to be recognized as LEI Certification Body:
1. Committed to the achievement of sustainable forest management.
2. Free from conflict of interests. Certification Body may not involved with, but not limited to:
a) Organization which owns or carries out business activities in the field to be certified;
b) SFM (Sustainable Forest Management) Consulting Institutions or conducting SFM assistance;
c) Training institutions or conducting training for field assessors and/or expert panel of certification.
Should a conflict of interest occurs, please redesign the organization’s mission, commitment, and the respective issues related to the conflict of interest.
3. Have sufficient financial and other resources to support certification process Possesses sufficient human resources to carry out certification duties.
4. Have quality systems in place which ensure the candidate’s capacity to operate LEI certification system.
5. Accreditation application documents, among others describe , but not limited to:
a) Organizational statement;
b) Documents stating its existence legality, and organization’s structural details as well as the share ownership of the individuals and/or organizations;
c) Organization’s structural diagram, clearly showing authority lines, responsibilities, functions, as well as the relation between departments responsible in the certification implementation;
d) Operational and functional duties as well as services related to certifications so that the the respective personnel’s responsibilities coverage is recognized by other related parties;
e) Name, position, qualification, authority, and responsibility of the personnel who involved in and has influence over the certification quality;
f) Personnel recruitment policy and procedures as well as trainings for the staffs or contracted employee;
g) Administrational procedures including document controls;
h) Management review policy and procedures;
i) Operational requirements and standards for certification process.
Accreditation request is submitted to LEI, as accreditation institute for forest management certification processes in Indonesia.
An accreditation team will carry out accreditation assessment, examining document completeness and legality, conducting office visitation and interview. Assessment on the Certification Body candidates will be based on the criteria elaborated in LEI Guidelines 99–01.