What is LEI?
The Indonesian Ecolabelling Institute (LEI-Lembaga Ekolabel Indonesia) is a non-profit constituent based organization that develops forest certification systems that promote our mission of just and sustainable forest resource management in Indonesia. As a constituent based organization LEI retains independence and transparency, both necessary for the credibility of forest certification.
To become an organization striving for just and sustainable natural resource management.
- To develop forest certification schemes and monitoring systems for natural resource management.
- To promote and support just and sustainable natural resource management in Indonesia.
- To support multi-stakeholder natural resource management models that include participation of indigenous communities.
- Natural forest certification
- Plantation forest certification
- Community forest certification
- Chain of Custody (COC), a log tracking system for industries that process forest products such furniture, plywood, sawn wood and pulp and paper.
- Business Chamber.
- Traditional community and forest farmer Chamber
- NGOs Chamber.
- Eminent Person Chamber.